|Job Title||Transport Coordinator|
JOB TITLE: Transport Coordinator
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
Responsible for receiving, processing and arranging requests for medical transportation (helicopter and ground ambulance) while working within the designated hospital Transfer Center. Ensuring accurate patient information is gathered and entered within the dispatching software in a rapid, effective and accurate manner. Works closely with hospital Transfer Center staff to coordinate all aspects of the mission and monitors the location of all transport units, allowing the updated information to be shared and communicated to appropriate and responsible transfer center personnel. Collects and maintains accurate records of information received via the Transfer Center and requesting personnel. This information will include pre-and post-transport patient documentation and transport records.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knows and meets all of the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively seeks feedback on quality of service provided and assists with the development of process improvement.
- Builds strong relationships and rapport with internal and external customers, peers, supervisors and management. Treats all people with dignity, respect, and integrity to represent MedCare/MedFlight.
- Monitors location and maintains awareness of helicopter and ground ambulance locations and communicates updated arrivals and departures to appropriate transfer center staff.
- Provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers (communication center colleagues, hospital staff and leadership) by professionally and effectively communicating all relevant information and providing real time updates utilizing clear, effective and precise communication techniques and delivery.
- Maintains accurate records of information including pre-and post-transport patient documentation and transport records.
- Collects and records proper information to ensure all required data is accurately and consistently entered in the dispatch program in a timely manner.
- Protects the privacy of all patient information in accordance with MedCare/MedFlight policies, procedures, practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a Transport Coordinator.
- Maintains a safe environment in the Transfer Center limiting distractions, interruptions, and promotes a professional, clean, cohesive, safe environment. This includes extreme limited use of personal cell phones, with phones silent or on vibrate mode. Phones are not to be used to watch personal entertainment.
- Creates and maintains a positive, cohesive environment while on duty which fosters teamwork, superior customer service, and the highest level of professionalism.
- Answers incoming phone calls in a timely manner.
- Coordinates Transport with other agencies if/when MedCare/MedFlight in unable to meet time requirements.
- Updates Transfer Center personnel of transport request acceptance and provide real-time updates of the patient’s arrival status.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with internal and external personnel in stressful situations and to act as a representative of MedCare/MedFlight to the public.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical terminology or medical-related equivalent
- Preferred 1 year of EMS, hospital and/or medical dispatching experience as it relates to critical care medicine
- Previous experience regarding patient logistics and throughput preferred.
- History of demonstrated outstanding professionalism
- Skilled in working well with others to accomplish work tasks in an effective, efficient manner
- Proficiency to effectively multi-task at a high level
- Experienced in precise and effective verbal communication, especially in stressful situations
- Ability to reach and grasp with upper extremities
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Proficient typing skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must demonstrate alertness at all times and withstand high amounts of stress
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees, assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.